Getting Started with Ivanti Cloud

Hello, and welcome to Ivanti Cloud! This section provides helpful information about the onboarding process for new customers as you begin to work with your Cloud environment.

Before you Start...

Just a couple important items to cover before you continue. As part of the Support and Maintenance Agreement customers receive membership in our Global Customer Support Community and the ability to receive support directly from our full Ivanti Customer Support Team.

✓Additional information on Terms and Conditions as well as Service Level Agreements can be found here: Support Terms and Conditions
✓Software as a Service Terms and Conditions can be found here: Software as a Service Terms and Conditions

STEP 1 » Register with Ivanti Community and Support Portal

Register to access Ivanti Customer Support and learn how to use and leverage Ivanti Community knowledgebase, forums, new release guides, webinars, and more.

Register for Ivanti Community and Support Portal › Before you get started you need to create a Community & Support Portal account.

Before you gain access to Support Portal, you must first be registered to the Community and Support Portal. When you register please use your work email address, so we can match you up to our customer records automatically. Register here to get started.

If you are an existing customer, login here. Ivanti Community and Support Portal is the same email address and password.

STEP 2 » Explore and Administer your Cloud Environment

We've provided key guidelines to help you understand, maintain, and administer your new SaaS environment.

Cloud Infrastructure Overview › This section offers you an informative overview of Ivanti Cloud Infrastructure.

Cloud Infrastructure

This is an informative short video that gives you an overview of Ivanti cloud infrastructure including (video length 15 minutes):
✓Architecture overview
✓Understand what multi-tenancy means
✓How are tenants provisioned

Architecture of the cloud platform

Ivanti Service Manager's Cloud deployment is provided through multi-tenant architecture. What this means is that customers share a common platform, but have separate and unique application schemas and databases. This can be represented as follows:

For more information regarding infrastructure connections or Ivanti data centers, refer to this document: Data Center Connections

Customer Go Live › Understand customer owned administrative tasks and Ivanti owned administrative tasks after Go Live date.

Support of the Go-Live activities and issues resolution are owned by the customer and Ivanti Professional Service Consultants (if purchased services) and Support. Any issues should be logged with Support through normal support channels. Details can be found here: Welcome to Ivanti Support

Customer Owned Administration Tasks

Changes made by the customer should only be made in their Staging or UAT environments Testing or Development environments. Although changes can be made directly to the production environment, Ivanti does not recommend this practice. Changes made by the customer directly in their Production environment could cause errors. Ivanti strongly recommends all changes be made in a development environment migrated to production per established processes.

✓Customers have access to and own all aspects of administration and design within Service Manager. Restrictions however do apply to Server Configuration files and access to the database through SQL.
✓Development Package moves from Staging to UAT to Production.

NOTE: While customers can manage this process, Ivanti recommends when moving a package into Production, a service request is logged that Ivanti can create a maintenance window to promote the package

Ivanti Cloud Operations Owned Tasks

As Ivanti Service Manager is provided as a Software as a Service, platform, there are restrictions to infrastructure that Ivanti's Operations Team will retain sole access to administer and maintain. Below are a list of tasks that will be conducted by our Operations Team. Customers requesting any of the tasks below should do so by raising a new Cloud Service Request via the Online Support Portal: + URL to Portal

✓Database Backups: Customers are entitled to a full backup of their database on a once-per-quarter basis (calendar quarter) to bring into their local environment. Customers who require more frequent backups may incur additional charges.
✓SQL Scripts and Verification and application of approved scripts. E.g. Set Network Logins, Add Users to Roles & Scheduling of maintenance plans

NOTE: While customers can manage this process, Ivanti recommends that for package moves into Production a service request is logged so that Ivanti can create a maintenance window to promote the package

Understanding your environment after Go Live › This section gives you an overview of what to expect now that your cloud environment has gone live.

Understand Landscapes, Landscape cycle, what a Tenant is and the type of Tenants, when to know if you need a VPN, and more...

Landscape Definition

A landscape is a set of IT infrastructure components that support tenant instances of the same type (where type refers to production, staging, and UAT). The production landscape only contains the production instances of tenants, the staging landscape only contains the staging instances of tenants, and the UAT landscape only contains the UAT instances of tenants.

Landscape Components

At a minimum, a landscape contains these components:
✓An individual, isolated Microsoft SQL Ivanti Service Management application database in each tenant (each tenant instance has its own database, but not its own database instance).
✓A central Ivanti Service Management configuration database (called ConfigDB) containing information about all tenant instances in the landscape.
✓A shared pool of Ivanti Service Management application servers for all Ivanti Service Management instances in the landscape.
✓A shared database cluster for the Ivanti Service Management configuration and Ivanti Service Management application databases.
✓A shared pool of workflow servers used by all Ivanti Service Management instances in the landscape.
✓A shared pool of escalation engines used by all Ivanti Service Management instances in the landscape. This is sometimes combined with the workflow server.
✓A shared pool of email listeners used by all Ivanti Service Management instances in the landscape.

Types of Landscapes

There are four types of landscapes:
Production landscape: Hosts the production instances of tenants. Used during the data migration lifecycle. This is the environment where the product is deployed.
Staging landscape: Hosts the staging instances of tenants. Used during the data migration lifecycle. This is the environment where development work is done.
UAT landscape: Hosts the UAT instances of tenants. Used during the data migration lifecycle. This is the environment where testing is done.
Pilot landscape: Optional. A standalone landscape that hosts the pilot tenant to provide customers with early access to a new Ivanti Service Management point release.

About the Pilot Landscape Lifecycle

The pilot landscape hosts the pilot tenant which provides customers with early access to a new Ivanti Service Management point release. Participating in the pilot release is optional. If you want to participate, request information from your Solutions/Implementation Manager. Ivanti Software accepts pilot customers on a firstcome, first-served basis.

Approximately three weeks before a release, Ivanti makes the pilot landscape available to customers who have requested access. This is a temporary landscape that is only available during communicated periods.

Approximately a week after the HEAT Service Management pilot landscape release, Ivanti Service Management moves into the staging landscape. When the system is in the staging landscape, it is available to all customers. During this time, no content moves from the staging landscape to the production landscape.

Ivanti posts the staging landscape update schedule on the web portal. During the staging landscape, there are approximately five updates. Each update is accompanied by a release note. You can request these staging release notes from support.

If you find a problem, submit feedback by the end of the first week in order for it to potentially be fixed in the production landscape.

During the second week of the staging landscape, there is usually only one update and that is usually on Wednesday. This gives Ivanti a minimum of two days to do final testing on the system before it moves to the production landscape.

Tenant and Tenant Instance Types

A tenant is a Ivanti Service Management system for a particular customer or application.

An instance of the Ivanti Service Management tenant within a landscape. By default, each customer receives a production instance of the tenant and a staging instance of the tenant. Additional optional tenant instances are also available. The name and URL for each tenant instance must be unique.

The available tenant instances are:

Production instance of a tenant: A tenant instance containing a customer's production database (including all configuration and transactional data), managed under a service level agreement. All customers have a production instance of their tenant. The production instance of the tenant resides in a hardened environment in the production landscape. We do not recommend making metadata or configuration changes directly to the production instance of the tenant during production usage. Instead, make those changes in the staging instance of the tenant, push them to the UAT instance of the tenant for testing, and then push them to the production instance of the tenant.

You can make some changes to master data (such as adding employees, role assignments, and so on) directly to the production instance of the tenant.

The production instance of the tenant is the only tenant instance covered under a service level agreement.

Staging instance of a tenant: A tenant instance for developing and configuring a customer's HEAT Service Management system and business processes. This tenant instance is generally used for configuration and metadata changes (but not transactional data changes). It undergoes a baselining process, in which it is updated periodically or by customer request from the production instance of the tenant to ensure that it is in sync with the production instance of the tenant prior to configuration and metadata changes. It can also be used to test new releases, new capabilities, and for training. All customers have a staging instance of their tenant; however, the staging tenant is not covered under a service level agreement.

UAT instance of a tenant (optional): A temporary tenant instance used for configuration testing and validation before the new configuration is pushed to an existing production tenant instance. The UAT instance of the tenant is required when reconfiguring an existing production instance of the tenant. It is optional when provisioning the production instance of the tenant for the first time or when upgrading to a new Ivanti Service Management release.

Pilot instance of a tenant (opt in): During the upgrade process to a new release, an optional pilot instance of the tenant is made available to customers to allow early access to a new point release. The pilot instance of the tenant resides in the pilot landscape.

When you need a VPN

How to determine if you need a VPN

View my Cloud Calendar › Ivanti Cloud Calendar is where you'll find all operational maintenance updates.

Ivanti now provides insight and transparency into the operational status of Ivanti data centers, and you can subscribe to updates in the top right of the linked page.

Additionally, it is highly recommended to check your Cloud Calendar periodically to know scheduled maintenance dates/times.

1. Login to the Support Portal.
  2. You can access your cloud calendar directly at the top navigation link when you login to your customer support portal or under My My My... > My Profile > Cloud Calendar
  3. Select 'Change Calendar' Tab (Filter by Landscape where appropriate)

Accessing your cloud calendar Guide

Sign up for Cloud Notifications › Don't miss out on important alerts, sign up to receive cloud email notifications

What are Cloud Operations notifications and how do I sign up to receive them?

In addition to the Cloud Change Calendar, when there are going to be maintenance windows that affect our customers the Ivanti Cloud Operations team will send out email notification reminders. These notifications will include information such as date and time (in GMT and PT) of the event, target planned duration, which type of tenant will be impacted (Production, Staging, UAT, or Pilot) as well if an outage of those affected tenants that can be expected.

To add or remove recipients of these notifications for your company please log a Service Request via Self-Service. You must be logged into the portal to submit your request.

STEP 3 » Online Resources & Self Help

Ivanti offers an abundance of online resources including: product documentation, knowledge articles, help guides, customer forums, and customer support to get you started.

Ivanti Service Manager Online Help Guides › Online technical Service Manager help guides

Our central online help guide has all the information you need to effectively get started using your solutions post implementation.

Go to Product Documentation and scroll to Service Manager to find the latest version product documentation for Admin Online Help Guides, User Online Help Guides, and Self-Service Online Help Guides

Getting Started with Ivanti Community › Learn how to navigate Ivanti Community and Advice Center

The Ivanti User Community is where customers, partners, and staff discuss Ivanti products. It’s also where we publish our knowledge base documents, host our product downloads and online training, and post product news and other announcements.

Our knowledge base is composed of documents stored on the community site. You can browse by product to locate these documents. Each Ivanti product area has a discussion forum. You can ask a question in the (Ask the Community) widget to obtain advice from our community experts. Learn more about our community by watching our site tutorials.

Learn how to navigate the Community

This is a short video that walks you through the community. Watch now (video length 2 minutes):

For a complete list of tutorials on the community and what the community offers click here

Ivanti Service Manager Community Landing Page: This page contains information you need to know about your datacenter.

Momentum Webinars › Sign up to watch technical webinar events. Missed an event, check out all our on-demand webinars.

Momentum is a free service to help you adopt and achieve product implementation. We know it’s important to educate you on our products using relevant, unique, and expert insights that are appropriate for all levels of expertise.

Up Coming Momentum Webinar Event - click here to discover upcoming live webinars.

On-Demand Momentum Webinars - click here to access our complete library of previously recorded webinars.

Product Enhancement Requests › Dedicated customer platform where you can submit new ideas and feature requests.

Product Enhancement Requests - click here and select your product type below to read, vote, and create enhancement requests. You must be logged into the Community to access the portal.

Ivanti Customer Care › Ivanti Customer Care can help you with any non-technical support issue.

Ivanti Customer Care can help you with any non-technical support issue. Need assistance with resets, unlocking an account, unknown changes, or maybe you can't remember your password, Customer Care is here to help!

I forgot my password. How do I reset it?

If you've forgotten your password but you remember your email address, follow these steps to regain access to your account:
  1. Go to the login page.
  2. Click 'Forgot your password?'
  3. Enter your email address and submit your request.
  4. You will receive an email shortly. Simply follow the email steps to reset your password and login.

I am locked out of my account / Unknown issues not allowing me to login.

1. Go to the login page.
  2. Click on 'I need login assistance'.
  3. Complete the 'Create Help Request' form for additional assistance from our customer care team.

My Ivanti Customer Support and Support Portal
Ivanti Support Portal is your one stop shop where you can manage and track your products, support cases, license keys, webinars, training, and more.

Customer Support Resources › Support FAQ, methods to contact support, support terms, end-of-life, support program, and more.

Important Customer Support Options to bookmark as you start engaging with Ivanti customer service.

✓ Contact Support within Customer Support Portal - Login to Support Portal
✓ Customer Support Phone Options - Contact Support by Phone
✓ Customer Support FAQ - Ivanti Support FAQ
✓ Customer Support Terms and Conditions - Support Terms
✓ Support Contract Details - Support Programs and Details
✓ Product End-of-Life - Product EOL

We offer a complete guide for your Ivanti Support portal, click here for additional information.

Submit a Service Request or Support Case › Demonstrates how you login to your support portal and submit a new service request.

You must be registered for the portal and logged in before you can make a new Service Request.

1. Login to the Support Portal here. If you are directed to the Home page, click Contact Support.
  2. Choose the 'Open a New Cloud Service Request'

3. Choose from a list of Cloud Service Requests and complete the steps.

Unsure which Service Request to submit? Become familiar with the Service Catalog User Guide for details on each type of Service Request.

If you do not see a specific request you need to make, please go back and Open a New Support Case for additional assistance.

Know where to find your Territory Manager › Your Territory Manager is your primary point of contact who will help with all your needs.

Click on the My My My... tab in the top left hand corner of the page. Next click on the My Ivanti Team link in the top left-hand corner of the page. Here you can contact your Territory Manager to help you with any business needs. If there is no Territory Manager listed, please contact Support for assistance.

Updating or changing contact details in my account › Need to change something in your account profile, you can login to your portal and update.

Click on the My My My... tab in the top left hand corner of the page. On the My Profile > My User Details tab, you are able to change your contact details here or alter the email address where you get Community email notifications. If you want to alter the email address which Support use to contact you select the edit option next to Login Settings. If you want a separate email setup for your Community you can select the edit option next to Community Settings.

Manage my account contacts and invite colleagues › You can manage contacts who are associated with your account.

If you are defined as a superuser for your account, you will be able to access the Manage Users option from under My My My... on the navigation bar under My Profile > Manage Users.

Details how to Manage your account contact, click here. If you are not a superuser and would like to be, please log a 'Open a New Support Case or Call Back Request' through the portal

Ongoing Development

Ongoing development describes how to manage and maintain your cloud environment.

Ivanti Cloud Package Push Process › Learn about the package push process.

Ivanti Cloud customers typically have three separate tenants available to operate in. The purpose for this is to aid in development and customization of the application for your company's needs.

1. ISM Online Help Package Document - Using the ISM Development Project: click here to view.
  2. On-Demand Webinar: click here to watch.
  3. Community Document: Explanation of the package push process for Ivanti Cloud Customers

Ivanti Service Manager BIDS › Learn what BIDS is and how you can use it to create reports for ISM.

What is BIDS

BIDS is the former integrated development environment (IDE) from Microsoft, which was used to develop data analysis and business intelligence solutions utilizing the Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services, Reporting Services, and Integration Services.

BIDS is based on the Microsoft Visual Studio development environment, but customized with Microsoft SQL Server services-specific extensions and project types, including tools, controls and projects for reports, data flows, and data mining structure.

Ivanti Service Manager provides default reports as a reporting solution that you can customize. If you have already customized some of your reports, you can download those reports from your own instance and update them in the solution.

1. Learn How to Create a Report Using Microsoft BIDS.
  2. Momentum Webinar - Ivanti Service Manager SSRS/BIDS click here to watch.

Ivanti Service Manager Cloud Security › Details on IVanti Cloud Security and how you can contact them.

We use always-on replication for near real-time replication of data to provide a low Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and minimize data loss in the low-probability event of a naturally occurring or human-induced disaster. We use hot backup sites for our core services that our 24x7 NOC Operations can switch to if deemed necessary.

More detail on Ivanti Cloud Security can be found here: Ivanti Service Manager Cloud Security.

If any issue is discovered, please let us know! Submit the information to security@ivanti.com. If it's of a more sensitive issue, we have our trusty PGP key here for your use (Fingerprint: 5A86 C77C A361 B145 8A2C D672 DBF5 C7A9 FE96 C03D). If you want to verify the fingerprint, contact security@ivanti.com.

Ivanti in the Cloud