Logging failing when starting Service Desk Console after fresh install

Version 2

Problem:

When trying to login to console on Service Desk console from a client machine and you get the following error as shown below:

error start console.JPG

The following section explains the error mention above when you try to login and you get the following messages;

1) Pop-up box:

Title: There has been a problem loading the Shortcut bar from the server cache

Content: There is an error in XML document (1,40)

2)  Console window:

The type initialize for  'Touchpaper.Console.SnapInManager' threw an exception.

This can occur even if you have local administrator privilege on the client machine.

Even if you try to uninstalling and re-installing and still fail on login.

You would be able to login to console from the server and not from some client machine.

Solution:

The issue relates to the following registry key:

HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current  Version/Explorer/User Shell Folders/Personal/X: and this maybe pointing to  X: a network drive location.

This key is used to specify where "My Documents" is located. This could have been deploy through GPO on client machine and affect only certain user.

X: would be a network drive which is map on the client pc.

The solution would be to specify directly the network path from registry instead of a map drive letter i.e.: X:

and also to check that the privilege are correct on my documents with Read/Write and modify access.

Service Desk require access to MyDocuments folder of the login user as and this issue raise when MyDocuments is redirected.

Environment:

All version