How to create and Deploy an Advance Agent
To create an Advance Agent installation go through the following steps:
From the LDMS Console go to Tools | Configuration | Agent Configuration.
Right-click on the desired Agent Configuration profile and select Advance Agent.
Determine whether Standard or Peer Download will be used and select the appropriate option.
Click OK At the bottom of the screen, it will show the status "The packages are being created in a background process at the chosen location."
Once the package is successful, the message will change to the following:
This has now created a self-contained .exe and an .msi in the LDLOGON\AdvanceAgent folder on the core. The .msi can then be distributed via a login script or Group Policy to install on the target machines. The .msi file will then download the agent installation files to the machine.
You can also deploy the advanced agent via the console.
To deploy from the console, click schedule a push of an Advance Agent Configuration.
*Note, this will only show Agent Configuration's that have been created into Advanced Agents.
Click OK, and a scheduled task will be created.
Drag your machines from Unmanaged Device Discovery or from All devices and deploy.
A few things to consider:
- You will get a success message rather quickly. This is because the scheduled task is deploying an advanced agent service, and than having that service copy and starts the install of the agent. The success is from the success successfully getting installed. To verify that the agent is actually installed, check the following (The new agents will have an updated scanner version): How to: Easily determine LANDesk agent name and version using a query
- Advance Agent install process and troubleshooting tips
- Why Can't I install the Advance Agent over itself on a client?
- How do you deploy an Advance Agent with Peer Only checked?
- How To: Deploy an Agent via PUSH to Windows 10 in LDMS 9.6 SP2