Problems authenticating with web services that are using anonymous access that use the IUSR_MachineName account. Need to sync up the password for this account.
1. Register the IIS Sub-authentication component using the following command:
WIndows 2003 commandline:
%windir%\system32\rundll32 iissuba.dll, RegisterIISSUBA
NOTE: This is case-sensitive
2. In IIS 6.0, ensure that you are running in IIS's default Worker Process Isolation Mode. To do this, issue the following command from the command-line:
cscript adsutil.vbs set w3svc/IIs5IsolationModeEnabled "false"
adsutil.vbs is usually located in the inetpub\adminscripts directory.
NOTE: The default on upgrades is for this property to be True to ensure maximum compatibility at the completion of the upgrade.
3. Open the IIS Manager located in the Administrative Tools folder.
4. Locate the LDappMain (8.8 and later core) or DefaultAppPool (pre 8.8 core) that is under the Application Pool folder. Right-click and choose Properties. On the Identity tab, choose to run as Local System.
5. The last configuration step is to enable the Anonymous Password Sync feature in IIS. To do this, enter the following command at the command prompt:
cscript adsutil.vbs set w3svc/anonymouspasswordsync true
NOTE: This can also be done on the Service tab in the IIS Manager user interface. This change requires IIS be restarted before taking effect.