LANDesk 9 includes a function to copy many of the customizable options to a different core. This option difference from the Core Synchronization in that they information transferred to the second core becomes a independent copy that is not managed in anyway by the original core.
Steps to copy a Software distribution Package to a second core. The same steps can be used to copy over other items as well.
- Open a LANDesk 9.0 Console.
- Go to Tools | Administration | Core synchronization.
- Right click on "Core Servers".
- Select "Add target core...".
- Enter required information.
- Click OK.
- Go to Tools | Distribution | Distribution Packages.
- Click on "My packages".
- Right click on the Package or Folder that needs to be copied.
- Select "Copy to other Core(s)..."
- Check the cores that will have the package copied to.
- Click Copy Content.
- During the copy process you will see a screen similar to the one below.
- When the Process is Done click close.