Discription: When trying to log into the remote console getting error:
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]Specified SQL server not found.
Invalid connection string attribute.
Resolution: On the remote console you need to change from Named Pipes to TCP/IP
1. On the remote console go to Start > Run and type cliconfg.exe
2. Change the default protocol from Named Pipes to TCP
If your Windows 7 and Windows 2008 remote consoles are working, but your Windows XP machines are not, look at the following:
1. Open the registry on your remote console.
2. Check the following registry keys for two slashes at the front of the server name in the registry:
3. On any XP machines take the two slashes out in front of your core server name.
It looks like Windows 2008 and Windows 7 machines can parse the database connection string with two slashes but Windows XP cannot.