There is an error event in the Core Server's application log indicating that the LANDesk Inventory Server was unable to insert or modify a record. The error states:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: LANDesk Inventory Server
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4110
Description: The size of [TableName].[ColumnName] is too small. Increase its size by at least [value].
[TableName] = A table in the LANDesk database.
[ColumnName] = A column inside [TableName].
[Value] = Value that should be added to the current length size of the [ColumName].
Column is too small to hold the value reported by the client.
1. Back up the following file:
2. On the core server, open the following file with a text editor:
3. Do a search for either the table name or column name that caused the multiple-step operation and increase the size of the column accordingly.
4. Save datamart.xml and close the text editor.
5. Stop the LANDesk Inventory Server service.
6. Run the application [drive]:\Program Files\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\coredbutil.exe and click on the 'Build Components' button.
7. Allow this operation to complete.
8. Start the LANDesk Inventory Server service. Now the size of that column has been increased.