This article describes the steps involved in completely removing a remote console, agent, and other settings from a remote device. The article will include standard methods for removal but it will also include steps to thoroughly check and manually remove services, files, drivers, etc that may be left behind when an application becomes corrupted. These steps may be necessary when experiencing difficulties installing an agent or remote console.
Step 1: Use the pre-designed removal applications.
- Remote Consoles: Use Add/Remove Programs in Windows.
- Remote Control Viewer: Use Add/Remove Programs in Windows.
- Agent: The following applications will attempt to automatically remove the agent: Uninstallwinclient.exe, Uninstallmacagent.sh, and Linuxuninstall.tar.gz. (Uninstallwinclient.exe will have a switch /forceclean that will more thoroughly remove information) (Note: All of these applications will be located in the C:\Program Files\LANDesk\ManagementSuite folder on the core server). Please see doc: How to uninstall the Ivanti / LANDESK Agent for Windows for more detailed info on uninstalling windows agent.
Step 2: Manually Stop and Remove Services (if necessary)
- Open services.msc from the RUN line in Windows and search for any services that start with "LANDESK". If they are found attempt to stop them and manually delete the corresponding registry key from HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services. (Searching this key for LANDESK/Ivanti is usually a good method)
Step 3: Delete files that may be left over.
- C:\Program Files\LANDesk
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data (hidden folder by default)
- The documents and settings path will vary on newer versions of Windows.
Step 4: Delete registry keys that may be left over
- HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node (same subkeys as noted before...this is for 64-bit OS's)
- KLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and search for LANDesk from here and remove the non-msi product guid keys
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\ ( perform a search for the LANDesk Software and delete the key.
Step 5: Check for the Remote Control Mirror Driver
- A mirror driver for remote control usually installs with the agent and should be listed in Device Manager under Display Adapters. This can be removed manually or with setupmirror.exe or setupmirror64.exe located in the LDLogon folder on the core.
Additional Notes: At this time it may be a good idea to remove/reinstall pre-requisites for the Remote Console as well.