LANDesk Security and Patch News
- (December 20, 2010) Microsoft has released MS10-090 for Windows XP SP2 and Windows 2000 SP4. This security update resolves seven privately reported vulnerabilities and three publicly disclosed vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer. The most severe vulnerabilities could allow remote code execution if a user views a specially crafted Web page using Internet Explorer. Users whose accounts are configured to have fewer user rights on the system could be less impacted than users who operate with administrative user rights.
- Please visit the following page for more details: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS10-090.mspx
- Important note: Microsoft has discontinued general support for Windows 2000 and Windows XP SP2. Extended service contracts are available and are required to access the patches necessary to remediate these vulnerabilities. These patches are not provided by LANDesk and can only be downloaded from Microsoft with a valid extended service contract. Customers with access to the patches through their extended support contracts will need to manually copy the patches to the \patch directory on the LANDesk core server in order to perform remediation for detected vulnerabilities.
- Vulnerability ID – MS10-090_WINXPSP2_WIN2000
- Vulnerability ID – MS10-061_WINXPSP2_WIN2000 (Added the replacement information.)
- MS10-071_WINXPSP2_WIN2000 (Added the replacement information.)
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDesk, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2010 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDesk disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDesk has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.landesk.com.