LANDesk Security and Patch News
- (January 13,2011) Wireshark has released Wireshark version 1.4.3. This is a recommended update for customers and fixes the following vulnerabilities:
- FRAsse discovered that the MAC-LTE dissector could overflow a buffer. (Bug 5530) Versions affected: 1.2.0 to 1.2.13 and 1.4.0 to 1.4.2.
- FRAsse discovered that the ENTTEC dissector could overflow a buffer. (Bug 5539) Versions affected: 1.2.0 to 1.2.13 and 1.4.0 to 1.4.2.
- CVE-2010-4538 The ASN.1 BER dissector could assert and make Wireshark exit prematurely. (Bug 5537) Versions affected: 1.4.0 to 1.4.2.
- The following bugs have been fixed:
- AMQP failed assertion. (Bug 4048)
- Reassemble.c leaks memory for GLIB > 2.8. (Bug 4141)
- Fuzz testing reports possible dissector bug: TCP. (Bug 4211)
- \Wrong length calculation in new_octet_aligned_subset_bits() (PER dissector). (Bug 5393)
- Function dissect_per_bit_string_display might read more bytes than available (PER dissector). (Bug 5394)
- Cannot load wpcap.dll & packet.dll from Wireshark program directory. (Bug 5420)
- Wireshark crashes with Copy -> Description on date/time fields. (Bug 5421)
- DHCPv6 OPTION_CLIENT_FQDN parse error. (Bug 5426)
- Information element Error for supported channels. (Bug 5430)
- Assert when using ASN.1 dissector with loading a 'type table'. (Bug 5447)
- Bug with RWH parsing in Infiniband dissector. (Bug 5444)
- Help->About Wireshark mis-reports OS. (Bug 5453)
- Delegated-IPv6-Prefix(123) is shown incorrect as X-Ascend-Call-Attempt-Limit(123). (Bug 5455)
- "tshark -r file -T fields" is truncating exported data. (Bug 5463)
- gsm_a_dtap: incorrect "Extraneous Data" when decoding Packet Flow Identifier. (Bug 5475)
- Improper decode of TLS 1.2 packet containing both CertificateRequest and ServerHelloDone messages. (Bug 5485)
- LTE-PDCP UL and DL problem. (Bug 5505)
- CIGI 3.2/3.3 support broken. (Bug 5510)
- Prepare Filter in RTP Streams dialog does not work correctly. (Bug 5513)
- Wrong decode at ethernet OAM Y.1731 ETH-CC. (Bug 5517)
- WPS: RF bands decryption. (Bug 5523)
- Incorrect LTP SDNV value handling. (Bug 5521)
- LTP bug found by randpkt. (Bug 5323)
- Buffer overflow in SNMP EngineID preferences. (Bug 5530)
- Please visit the following page for more details, http://www.wireshark.org/docs/relnotes/wireshark-1.4.3.html
- Vulnerability ID – WIRESHARKv1.4.3
- Vulnerability ID – WIRESHARKv1.4.2 (Added the replacement information.)
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDesk, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2009 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDesk disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDesk has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.landesk.com.