Web Console ERROR: Server Error in '/remote' Application.
-Running the web console gives the following error:
"Server Error in '/remote' Application. Compilation Error"
Server Error in '/LDSM' Application.
This is usually related to permissions on the Remote folder under Inetpub\wwwRoot.
Often a Group Policy that restricts some accounts is the culprit.
The account that is restricted is often Network Service.
Download FileMon.exe and run against the server.
Open a browser and browse to the Web Console.
Save the filemon.exe log and search for "Access Denied" errors.
Using this method to identify where and what account is being blocked.
Open IIS and navigate to the Application Pools section.
Enter the properties of the DefaultAppPool and click on the Identity tab.
Change the Predefined user from Network Service to Local System.
- the second method is an untested method that could allow security
holes in the web application, as Local System has more rights on the
machine than Network Service.
Below will usually end up being the resolution:
- Add IIS_WPG adn IUSR_CoreServerName to the InetPub\Remote folder
- IIS_WPG - (Rights = Read & Execute, List Folder Content, Read)
- IUSR_CoreServerName (Deny Rights = Create Files, Create Folders, Write Attributes, Write Extended, Delete Subfolders, Delete)
Reregister asp.net 1.1.4322 and reset IIS from the command prompt
- %windir%\microsoft.net\framework\v.1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe –i