LANDesk Security and Patch News
- (February 09, 2011) Google has released an update for its Chrome browser, version 9.0.597.94 is available for download. There are some limitations when attempting to install the Google Chrome update. The built-in Windows System Account that LANDesk Patch Manager uses to install patches is unable to install this update. In order to resolve this install issue, LANDesk will write the install command line to the RUNONCE registry key. When the user logs into the computer, the update will be applied using the currently logged in user. There are two additional conditions to be aware of:
1. The Google Chrome off-line installation application will make it so that the Auto-Update feature will no longer work for any future updates. However, if you plan to use LANDesk Patch Manager for updating Chrome installations the latest updates will be available in LANDesk content.
2. If the logged in user does not have adequate privileges to install the update then the install will fail.
- Please visit the following page for more details: http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/
- Vulnerability ID – GOOGLE_CHROMEv9.0.597.94
- Vulnerability ID – GOOGLE_CHROMEv8.0.552.237 (Added the replacement information.)
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDesk, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2011 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDesk disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDesk has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.landesk.com.