LANDesk Security and Patch News
- (April 28, 2011) Lenovo has released ThinkVantage Access Connections version 5.83: This is the latest version available for Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
Detection of Lenovo ThinkVantage Technology(TVT) applications does not always follow the conventional rules that customers are accustomed to. For example, a customer would normally expect that if a version of an application is older than what is currently available, then the result of a vulnerability scan would return a result that showed that a machine is vulnerable.
However, with Lenovo TVT applications the detection rules do not always conform to that logic for detection. Detection is based on the information provided by Lenovo and LANDesk content implements their rules for detection. The following is an example of RnR/CSS detection logic, "Previous versions of RnR or CSS are not allowed". Detection occurs when a Lenovo notebook does not have a version of RnR installed. However, detection will not occur if an older version RnR is installed.
Updates in version 5.83:
* (Fix) Fixed an issue that could not uncheck unused Wireless WAN profiles with Qualcomm Gobi 2000 adapter.
* (Fix) Fixed an issue where entering a bad password refected in 2 failed login attempts with Utimaco SGE.
* (Fix) Fixed an issue where a user would get default SMS from Sprint during connect/disconnect operations.
- Please visit the following page for more details: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-4ZLNJB.html
- Vulnerability ID – ACCESS_CONNECTIONSv5.83
- Vulnerability ID – ACCESS_CONNECTIONSv5.72 (Added the replacement information.)
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDesk, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2011 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDesk disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDesk has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.landesk.com.