Where can I find when a computer was last booted?
There is an Inventory record that you can use to create a Query or Report to show machines that have not been rebooted. The inventory item is:
Computer > OS > Last Start Up Time
To create a query showing machines that haven't rebooted in for more than 7 days.
- Choose the Inventory item on the left side Computer > OS > Last Start Up Time
- Next choose the < in the middle field.
- Type the following entry into the field that lets you specify a value:
- Add this to the query and it should look like:
"Computer"."OS"."Last Start Up Time" <"GetDate()-7"
- Save the query and each time that you run it, it will show you computers that haven't rebooted in the last 7 days.
What if I want to force a reboot of machines that show up in this query?
Following Step 5:
- Create a reboot task in the Patch Manager Tool.
- Drop the query onto this task.
- Set this up as a rotating scheduled push.
- Every time the scheduled push runs (preferably at night to keep from interrupting work) the query will refresh and only reboot machines that haven't rebooted in the last 7 days.