The following may be tried in the event an activation file cannot be created or the core server otherwise fails to activate:
- Make sure your console is closed
- Try to activate your normal way - but check the box "show content"
- When this fails go to your Authorization Files usually located here:
- sC:\Program Files\LANDesk\Authorization Files\
- Check to see if a .txt file NOT a .save or .txt.save but a .txt file has been created
- If no file has been created check to see how many .txt's and .save's are in this folder; if there are more then 15 or 20 of each delete them all and
- Retry normal activation process agains
- You should now see that a new .txt file has just been created - go ahead and send that file into firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you get the Authorization File back just drop it in the same place "C:\Program Files\LANDesk\Authorization Files\" when it disappears reopen your console and you should be good to go.
If this process does NOT work - please call into or log a self-service case for technical support.