- Schedule your Distribution Task.
- Right-click on the task and select Properties.
- Go to the Task Setting page, and select the following options.
- Task Type: Policy OR Policy Supported Push
- Download Options: Pre-cache
- Save the task settings.
- Add targets and run the task.
In order to pre-stage a Distribution Package create a copy of the Distribution Package and move the current Primary File to be an additional file and replace the Primary File with a blank batch file. Even though the Primary File will always run, it now does not matter because a blank batch will, of course, do nothing and will always run successfully.
Note: This is also very useful to pre-stage files in environments where Multicast is either not desired or not functional.