LANDesk Security and Patch News
- (July 18, 2011) Microsoft has released KB979731. This KB fixes an issue in which some Group Policy preferences are not applied successfully for Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Notes: Customers will have to download the associated patch(es) manually. This can be done by navigating to http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=979731&kbln=en-us
- During LANDesk testing and validation we were unable to install the update to computers running Windows Vista. We would receive the following message when attempting to apply the patch to a Window Vista computer: “The update does not apply to your system”. We have not included Windows Vista as a supported platform in the vulnerability definition.
- Please visit the following page for more details, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979731
- Vulnerability ID – 979731_Manual
- Vulnerability ID – N/A
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2011 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.