Web Console for LANDESK Management Suite
The Web Console is an http based LANDESK console. The web console lacks many of the features and powers that the 32-bit console has as it was designed to be portable, easy to install, and serve basic IT functions. The web console can be loaded by pointing a web browser to the following location on a core server:
Initial Install and Configuration
The web console is installed by default on the core server and should be ready to go once the core is up and running. An Off-Core Web Console server is available to help off-load demand on the core server and will require a separate install. The Off-Core will also need to be patched separately. Configuration of the web console is performed automatically during install.
- Video: "Unable to validate the current user with the database"
- How to troubleshoot the web console error: "Unable to validate the Current User with the Database"
- Error: Invalid Product License when opening the Web Console
- Web Console - Remote Control Error: "The Remote Control Viewer was not installed properly"
- Explanation of LANDesk Abstraction Layer messages (logevents)
Additional Options and Information
Performance enhancements are often requested of the web console. However, most optimization has already been done in LANDesk 9.0. If the web console is slow then temporary files on the core, core performance (cpu and disk), and database server performance should be checked. It is possible to isolate applications to their own application pool however due to dependencies and other factors this should only be done by a LANDesk Support Engineer.
- Video: LANDesk® Management Suite Web Console
- How to enable filter by "Login Name" in the LANDesk Web Console
Notice: Any E-Learning content is available by default to Members who have a minimum support agreement at Professional level.
NOTE: This article is not a comprehensive list of documents and issues. You can continue to search the rest of the community or the portion specific to the Web Console if this page hasn't helped.