LANDesk Security and Patch News
- (August 05, 2011) Microsoft has released KB2465772. This fixes an issue in which an application or service that uses Winsock API or Winsock Kernel API may randomly stop responding in Windows Server 2008 R2 or in Windows 7. Microsoft does not provide the official download URL for 2465772, so please follow below steps to download the patch manually.
Steps to download the patch:
1. Go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2465772 and make sure your OS version is Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 7.
2. Click the "View and request hotfix downloads" link to "Agreement for Microsoft Services" page;
3. Click "I Accept" button;
4. Enter your email address under "Provide us with your e-mail address, type the characters you see in the picture, and then click Request hotfix.";
5. You will receive an e-mail with the patch download URL and the password for unzipping the patches;
6. Download the patches;
7. Unzip these files with the password in the above email and put them into the \patch folder on the LDM core server.
- Please visit the following page for more details, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2465772
- Vulnerability ID – 2465772_Manual
- Vulnerability ID – N/A
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDesk, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2011 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDesk disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDesk has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.landesk.com.