LANDesk Security and Patch News
- (August 10, 2011) As part of its Patch Tuesday, Microsoft released four security updates to address vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows OS, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Chart Control for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 and Microsoft Report Viewer 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package. The contents can be downloaded from the LANDesk global host servers. These are recommended updates that customers should apply to affected machines. Please visit the following page for more details:
· Vulnerability ID – MS11-057
– Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (2559049)
· Vulnerability ID – MS11-058
– Vulnerabilities in DNS Server Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2562485)
· Vulnerability ID – MS11-059
– Vulnerability in Data Access Components Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2560656)
· Vulnerability ID – MS11-060
– Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Visio Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2560978)
· Vulnerability ID – MS11-061
– Vulnerability in Remote Desktop Web Access Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (2546250)
· Vulnerability ID – MS11-062
– Vulnerability in Remote Access Service NDISTAPI Driver Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (2566454)
· Vulnerability ID – MS11-063
– Vulnerability in Windows Client/Server Run-time Subsystem Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (2567680)
· Vulnerability ID – MS11-064
– Vulnerabilities in TCP/IP Stack Could Allow Denial of Service (2563894)
· Vulnerability ID – MS11-065
– Vulnerability in Remote Desktop Protocol Could Allow Denial of Service (2570222)
· Vulnerability ID – MS11-066
– Vulnerability in Microsoft Chart Control Could Allow Information Disclosure (2567943)
· Vulnerability ID – MS11-067
– Vulnerability in Microsoft Report Viewer Could Allow Information Disclosure (2578230)
· Vulnerability ID – MS11-068
– Vulnerability in Windows Kernel Could Allow Denial of Service (2556532)
· Vulnerability ID – MS11-069
– Vulnerability in .NET Framework Could Allow Information Disclosure (2567951)
- Malicious Software Removal Tool (Microsoft releases an updated version of this tool on the second Tuesday of each month, and as needed to respond to security incidents. You can run the tool from this Web page anytime or download it to your computer).
- Reason: Microsoft releases an updated version of this tool on the second Tuesday of each month, and as needed to respond to security incidents.
- Vulnerability ID: MS09-008,MS09-048,MS11-046,MS11-050,890830_INTLv5.8,MS09-062_INTL,MS10-058_VISTA_WIN2008_WIN7,MS11-039,MS11-039_VISTA_WIN2008_WIN7,MS11-050_VISTA_WIN2008_WIN7,MS11-056_VISTA_WIN2008_WIN7
- Reason: Adding the supercedence information.
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDesk, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2011 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDesk disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDesk has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.landesk.com/.