LANDesk Security and Patch News
- (August 10,2011) Google has released one security update Chrome v13.0.782.112. LANDesk has modified the installation process for remediating Google Chrome. This new implementation uses the MSI install package instead of the executable. This will require the administrator to manually download the MSI and place it in the \patch folder on the LDMS core server. You can download the MSI from this URL: http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/business/chromebrowser.html There are a number of benefits for using the MSI. The installation is smaller in comparison about 20MB for the MSI and about 100MB for the executable. The MSI also installs with the System Account which is not supported with the executable. This allows us to avoid having to install after a reboot which is sometimes required when using the executable to update the application.
- In order to remediate this vulnerability/install the application you must manually download the install file from http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/business/chromebrowser.html . Once the file is downloaded, rename the file to GoogleChromeStandaloneEnterprise_13.0.782.112.msi then copy it to the \patch folder on the LANDesk core server, \Program Files\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\ldlogon\patch. The vulnerability/application install can now be remediated through the normal LANDesk Patch Manager process.
- Please visit the following page for more details, http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/
- Vulnerability ID – GOOGLE_CHROMEv13.0.782.112_Manual
- Vulnerability ID – GOOGLE_CHROMEv13.0.782.107_Manual (Added the replacement information.)
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDesk, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2011 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDesk disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDesk has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.landesk.com.