Environment: 7.4 Service Desk but also works in some earlier versions.
This could be one of those tips that you'll read and say "of course I knew that!" but I have come across a few people that didn't so I will share it just on the off chance that it will be useful to someone.
When creating relationships between objects, you often need to drag one object to another. This can prove tricky when one object is down the end of your object list (for example System - User) and the other is near the top (Change Management - Change). You have to find your object, then drag it slowly up the list of objects to find your target object.
However, you can make this easy by opening up two instances of Object Designer and then dragging your object between the two. In more detail what I mean is:
- Right click on your Object Designer shortcut and select Open in New Window.
- Again, right click on your Object Designer shortcut and select Open in New Window so that you now have two instances of Object Designer running.
- Arrange your windows side by side.
- Expand the object you want to drag from in one window and the object you want to drag to in the other.
- Drag the object from one window to the next.
To make this a little easier to understand I've attached a short video (no sound).