LANDesk Security and Patch News
- (September 21, 2011) Microsoft has released KB977648. This update fixes an issue in which an application closes unexpectedly or DBCS strings become corrupted when you run the application. This issue occurs when the application calls the ReadConsoleOutputCharacter function in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2.
Microsoft has some licensing limitations for the patches in KB977648. Users are required to accept a license agreement in order to download the patches, Downloading the patches can be done by navigating to http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=977648&kbln=en-us.
2. Click the "I Accept" button;
3. Click "Show hotfixes for all platforms and languages " link to show all patches;
4. Check all English patches;
5. Enter your email address under "Provide us with your e-mail address, type the characters you see in the picture, and then click Request hotfix.";
6. Type the verification characters and click the "Request Hotfix" button;
7. You will receive an e-mail with the zipped patch download URL and the password for unzipping the zipped patch;
8. Download the zipped patches;
9. Unzip these files with the password in the email above and put them into the \patch folder on the LDMS core server that you store the patches in.
- Please visit the following page for more details, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977648
- Vulnerability ID – 977648
- Vulnerability ID – N/A
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDesk, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2011 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDesk disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDesk has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.landesk.com.