In the Security Activity tool, when clicking on Shadow copy files, the following error occurs:
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
Excessive amount of information stored in the database causes related queries to timeout.
- As it's a timeout issue, you can change the console timeout setting by adding a core server registry (for example, '1200' equals 20 minutes):
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\WinConsole\Query Timeout (32bit)
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\WinConsole\Query Timeout (64bit)
- Purge the excessive data from ShadowcopyAction tables.
- This is done through the Purge Security Activity (fire icon) within the Security Activity Tool. The user can select to purge all records prior to a certain date.
- You can also run a SQL command which will purge the Shadow Copy Activity before certain date (database backup recommended). For example, to purge the Shadow Copy Activity before November 1st, you can execute following command against your SQL database:
- DELETE from ShadowCopyAction WHERE ActionDate < '11/1/2011 12:00:00 AM'