Issue / Symptom(s):
- When I check the \Program Files\LANDESK\ManagementSuite\LDSCAN folder, there are lots and lots of files collecting there. They all have a .MP extension.
If Inventory Scans stopped running after upgrading to 9.5: http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-27516
- The number of threads for the Managed Planet Core Scan Processor service may be set too low.
- There are a number of processes that Managed Planet software performs (such as DTS gathering warranty information or ISM performing its checks) that can take a comparatively long time to perform. To prevent this from becoming a bottleneck, the MPCore service by default should have 10 threads running simultaneously to execute these tasks. Since they are not normally CPU intensive, this does not impact the CPU on the core server.
- Verify that the number of threads is set to sufficiently high number (typically 10). This is set in the
- ThreadCount registry value of the HKLM\Sofware\ManagedPlanet\Core registry key.
- Restart the Managed Planet Core Scan Processor service after changing this value.
- Verify that the Managed Planet Core Scan Processor service is set to use a local administrator account.
NOTE: If DTS is being used and web rules are enabled, the Local System account frequently is unable to access the web, causing the process to hang for 30 seconds until it times out.