I am using the Map IP Gateways to Location features of DTS. However, I have run into a problem where the Network.TCPIP.Default Gateway Address is not always set. This seems to be true for computers with more than one network card. There are values set under Network.TCPIP.Bound Adapter.Default Gateway, but those are not copied to Network.TCPIP.Default Gateway Address. Can I use DTS to copy this value?
You can create a simple Map Data rule that will not copy a gateway if one is already there, but will copy one if there is not a value. Follow the steps below:
1. Create a new Map Data rule by right clicking on the Map Data node in the left pane of the DTS Console and select New Rule.
2. Enter a name, in this example, Map Default Gateway and click Next.
3. Select Management Suite and click Next.
4. For the destination attribute browse to Computer.Network.TCPIP.Default Gateway Address and click Next.
5. Click Add.
6. Browse to Computer.Network.TCPIP.Default Gateway Address for the source attribute and click Next until you return to the Source Attributes dialog.
7. Add another source attribute, but this time pick Computer.Network.TCPIP.Bound Adapter.Default Gateway.
8. Click Next.
9. Click Finish .