Can I control which console components are loaded in a Management Suite console

Version 1

Question:

Can I control which components are loaded in a Management Suite console?  For example, I want people to be able to use Software Store to configure applications, but I do not want to allow them to access the Data Translation Services console.  

Answer:

After the console is installed, you can control which console components are visible in the console.  This is different depending on the version of Management Suite you have.    For Management Suite v8.6 or later:   Each console component has its own .xml in the \Program Files\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\Tools folder.  Simply delete the appropriate file and it will no longer be visible in the console.   For Management Suite version before 8.6:   The console components were added to the \Program Files\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\Tools.xml file.  Search in the file for the name of the product you wish to exclude.  For example, you may want to exclude Data Translation Services (as it is shown in the Tools menu).  Delete the anyType XML section that includes that component name and it will no longer be visible in the console.