The Computer.Computer Location attribute has the Active Directory location of the computer. I want to grab just the last part of the location and store it in a new attribute. How do I do this?
This can be best handled with a Map Data rule using a vbscript to parse off the last part of the Computer Location attribute. Follow these steps to create the rule:
1. Right click on Map Data in the Data Translation Services console and select New Rule.
2. Give it a Name , in this example we will use Computer Location and click Next.
3. Select Computer Data and click Next.
4. Enter a new attribute as the Database Attribute, in this case we will use Computer.End Location, and click Next.
5. Click Add to add a new source attribute.
6. Select the source attribute in the Database Attribute , in this example it is Computer.Computer Location , and click Next.
7. Select No Additional Requirements and click Next.
8. Leave the Validation string empty and click Next.
9. Leave the Groups empty and click Next.
10. Click Manual.
11. In the vbscript text box enter the following:
retvalue = mid(value, instrrev(value, /)+1)
12. Click Finish . 13. Click Next . 14. Click Finish .
You now have a rule to copy just the last part of the Computer.Computer Location attribute to the new Computer.End Location attribute. By modifying the vbscript, you can change it to use a different part of the Computer Location attribute.