This article refers to the task as detailed in this article here:
Some security reports return no data or the data is old.
The following reports require the "Gather historical information" task to be executed on a regular basis in order to keep the report data updated:
- Changes in Detected Vulnerabilities over Time
- Changes in Detected Spyware over Time
- Changes in Detected Security Threats over Time
- Changes in Detected Antivirus Problems over Time
- Security Policy
- Security compliance
- Security compliance by device
- Compliance Trend
- Custom group over time
- Inventory data for "Security and Compliance definitions"
Right-clicking a definition and clicking "Computers that did not scan.." is also updated by "Gather historical information"
The "Gather historical information" task is available for scheduling in the Security and Patch Manager window in the "Create a task" drop down list.