LANDesk Security and Patch News
- (May 10, 2012) Microsoft has released KB953761. This update fixes a problem in which some DHCP information, such as DNS information and WINS information, is not available on a Windows XP SP3-based client computer. Therefore, the client computer cannot connect to the network
Customers are required to download the patches manually from Microsoft. It can be done by navigating to http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=953761&kbln=en-us.
2. Click the "Show hotfixes for all platforms and languages " link to show all patches;
3. Check English patches for 953761;
4. Enter your email address under "Provide us with your e-mail address, type the characters you see in the picture, and then click Request hotfix.";
5. You will receive an e-mail with the zipped patch download URLs and the passwords for unzipping the zipped patches;
6. Download the zipped patches;
7. Unzip these files with the passwords in the above email and put them into the folder on the core server that you store the patches in.
- Please visit the following page for more details: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953761
- Vulnerability ID – 953761
- Vulnerability ID – N/A
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2012 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.