Ivanti Service Desk Calculations
- Full documentation on Calculations is available in Help Portal in the Console Help under Designer -> Calculations from the Help contents.
Calculation Writing Tutorials
- Calculation Writing Tutorial - 1. What is a calculation? What is Boo?
- Calculation Writing Tutorial - 2. Variables and Conditional Logic ("if" statements)
- Calculation Writing Tutorial - 3. The importance of Indenting and checking NULL values
- Calculation Writing Tutorial - 4. Working with Collections and Loops
- Calculation Writing Tutorial - 5. Boo language features versus .NET classes
- Calculation Writing Tutorial - 6. Working with Strings
- Calculation Writing Tutorial - 7. Working with Numbers
- Calculation Writing Tutorial - 8. Working with Dropdown Lists (Objects)
- Calculation Writing Tutorial - 9. Working with Booleans
Tips and Examples
- Using Calculations to create process conditions based on multiple comparisons/criteria
- Using Calculations to replace and enhance AutoClose (or automatically move any process on to any status with any action)
- Using dates, times and time spans in Calculations
- How to calculate the "business time" of an incident
- Setting up an Automatic Reminder to send at a later date.
- How to automatically set or update values on an incident
- What are the different Calculation Types?
- How to evaluate Categories in calculations.
- Dynamic Windows - Understanding Window Calculations
See the main Troubleshooting Guide (re-written March 2013!) as a starting point:
Help with specific issues:
- Errors when pressing "Test Syntax" or "OK" in the Calculation Editor
- Troubleshooting calculation error messages
- Trapping calculation errors and finding which line it occurred on
- "There is an error in XML document (1, 1)." error when a calculation process condition is being evaluated
Asking for help
You can start a discussion in this section to ask others for help on any aspect of calculations. If you are asking for help with a problem please ensure you have read through the troubleshooting guide first. If you have an error message check the documents that explain common messages.
If you want to post some or all of your calculation please use the Syntax Highlighting feature so that your code is easy to read and indents are kept intact:
import System static def GetAttributeValue(Incident): Value = 'Hello ' + Incident.RaiseUser.Title return Value
To add a section like this to your post press the >> button in the bottom right of the toolbar then select Syntax Highlighting > Plain: