LANDesk Security and Patch News
- (August 16, 2012) Microsoft has re-released MS12-043. This security update resolves a publicly disclosed vulnerability in Microsoft XML Core Services. The vulnerability could allow remote code execution if a user views a specially crafted webpage using Internet Explorer. An attacker would have no way to force users to visit such a website. Instead, an attacker would have to convince users to visit the website, typically by getting them to click a link in an email message or Instant Messenger message that takes them to the attacker’s website. Please visit the following page for more details: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/Bulletin/MS12-043.mspx
- Vulnerability ID – MS12-043v2
- V2.0 (August 14, 2012): Bulletin rereleased to offer the security updates for Microsoft XML Core Services 5.0 that were unavailable at the time of initial release. Customers running Microsoft XML Core Services 5.0 should apply the KB2687324, KB2596856, or KB2596679 update to be protected from the vulnerability described in this bulletin. Customers who have already successfully installed the updates originally offered on July 10, 2012 for Microsoft XML Core Services 3.0, Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0, and Microsoft XML Core Services 6.0 do not need to take any action. See the Update FAQ for details.
- V2.1 (August 15, 2012): Corrected download links for Microsoft Groove Server 2007 and other Microsoft Office software. Added download links and update information for Microsoft Groove 2007. These are informational changes only. Customers who have already successfully updated their systems do not need to take any action.
- Vulnerability ID – MS12-043 (Added the replacement information. This vulnerability definition will remain available until August 30,2012, after that date it will be removed.)
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDesk, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2012 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDesk disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDesk has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.landesk.com.