LANDesk Security and Patch News
- (August 16, 2012) Microsoft has re-released MS12-043. This security update resolves a publicly disclosed vulnerability in Microsoft XML Core Services. The vulnerability could allow remote code execution if a user views a specially crafted webpage using Internet Explorer. An attacker would have no way to force users to visit such a website. Instead, an attacker would have to convince users to visit the website, typically by getting them to click a link in an email message or Instant Messenger message that takes them to the attacker’s website. Please visit the following page for more details: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/Bulletin/MS12-043.mspx
- Vulnerability ID – MS12-043v2
- V2.0 (August 14, 2012): Bulletin rereleased to offer the security updates for Microsoft XML Core Services 5.0 that were unavailable at the time of initial release. Customers running Microsoft XML Core Services 5.0 should apply the KB2687324, KB2596856, or KB2596679 update to be protected from the vulnerability described in this bulletin. Customers who have already successfully installed the updates originally offered on July 10, 2012 for Microsoft XML Core Services 3.0, Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0, and Microsoft XML Core Services 6.0 do not need to take any action. See the Update FAQ for details.
- V2.1 (August 15, 2012): Corrected download links for Microsoft Groove Server 2007 and other Microsoft Office software. Added download links and update information for Microsoft Groove 2007. These are informational changes only. Customers who have already successfully updated their systems do not need to take any action.
- Vulnerability ID – MS12-043 (Added the replacement information. This vulnerability definition will remain available until August 30,2012, after that date it will be removed.)
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2012 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.