LANDesk Security and Patch News
- (October 09, 2012) As part of its Patch Tuesday, Microsoft released seven security updates to address vulnerabilities in Microsoft OS, Microsoft Office Suites, Microsoft Word Viewer, Microsoft InfoPath, Microsoft Works 9, Microsoft SharePoint Server, Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services, Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint, Microsoft Groove Server 2010 Service Pack 1, Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 Service Pack 1, Microsoft Office Web Apps 2010 Service Pack 1, Microsoft Office Web Apps 2010 Service Pack 1, Microsoft Lync 2010, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Service Pack 2 and Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2,2012. The contents can be downloaded from the LANDesk global host servers. These are recommended updates that customers should apply to affected machines. Please visit the following page for more details: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/bulletin/ms12-oct
- Vulnerability ID – MS12-064
– Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Word Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2742319)
- Vulnerability ID – MS12-065
– Vulnerability in Microsoft Works Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2754670)
- Vulnerability ID – MS12-066
– Vulnerability in HTML Sanitization Component Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (2741517)
- Vulnerability ID – MS12-067
– Vulnerabilities in FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint Parsing Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2742321)
- Vulnerability ID – MS12-068
– Vulnerability in Windows Kernel Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (2724197)
- Vulnerability ID – MS12-069
– Vulnerability in Kerberos Could Allow Denial of Service (2743555)
- Vulnerability ID – MS12-070
– Vulnerability in SQL Server Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (2754849)
- Malicious Software Removal Tool (Microsoft releases an updated version of this tool on the second Tuesday of each month, and as needed to respond to security incidents. You can run the tool from the Web page anytime or download it to your computer).
- Reason: Microsoft releases an updated version of this tool on the second Tuesday of each month, and as needed to respond to security incidents.
- Vulnerability ID: MS09-058, MS09-062, MS10-021, MS10-079, MS11-013, MS11-049, MS11-068, MS11-098, MS12-028, MS12-029, MS12-039, MS12-042, MS12-050, MS12-058, MS12-079
- Reason: Adding the supercedence information.
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDesk, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2012 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDesk disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDesk has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.landesk.com/.