How to create an 'Assign to me' action.

Version 4

Introduction: This document will teach you how to create an 'Assign to me' action for your processes.

1. Deactivate and open the process that you would like to create the 'Assign to me' action in.

2. Open the business object > Incident Management > Incident > Action and create a new action called 'Assign to Me'.

ScreenHunter_CreateAction.jpg

3. Open the process and then click on your Toolbox and drag a Manual Action Instance onto your process and choose the 'Assign to Me' action that you created.

ScreenHunter_AddingActionInstance.jpg

4. Now drag an Add Assignment onto the window.

5. Right click on the 'Group' attribute box and choose Value Type.

6. Click on the 'Specify a macro value for control' radio button, and in the drop down choose 'CurrentGroup' and then click ok.

ScreenHunter_ValuetypeCurrentgroup.jpg

7. Do the same thing for the user\analyst box. Right click on the 'Analyst' attribute box and choose Value Type.

8. Click on the 'Specify a macro value for control' radio button, and in the drop down choose 'CurrentUser', and then click ok.

9. Your Assignment box should look like this.

ScreenHunter_AssignmentWindow.jpg

10. Click on Ok.

11. Now draw your lines\arrows from open to your Assign to me action, or where ever you want them to connect into the process.

ScreenHunter_Arrows.jpg

12. Save, activate, and test your process.

If you would like to have the assignment go to Incident Creator please see this article: http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-3535