- Cannot Remote control XP clients that are part of a workgroup.
- Agent is configured to use Windows NT security/local template.
- LDMS administrator is a member of the Remote Control operators group.
Administrator does a right click on a machine from within All Devices folder.
Remote session starts and the LDMS Administrator is prompted for his credentials. Although the credentials are correct nothing happens, LDMS is still prompted for credentials.
- On the XP machine client, run secpol.msc
- In Local Security Settings look for parameter "Network access:sharing and security model for local accounts"
- Configure the parameter to be " classic-local users authenticate as themselves"
- Reboot the computer.
The registry can also be modified:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\ForceGuest set to 0