Installation of Avalanche fails with an error message stating the following:
Installation cannot continue due to the following error:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections
- Avalanche Mobility Center 5.2.x and later
- Avalanche Site Edition 5.2.x and later
The user that is installing Avalanche exists on both the local machine as well as the domain. You may also have a permission rights issue like no access to Windows Script (disabled on this machine).
To find the bitrock_installer.log you can open explorer and type in %temp%. This will get you to the folder, Then search for the bitrock file. This will assist in the error of the install.
- Uninstall Avalanche
- Create a local user with full administrative permissions on the machine where you are installing Avalanche
- Log out of your current session
- Log in with the local admin created in step 2
- Verify your permissions, and that no virus protection is stopping scripts or services.
- Run the avalanche install executable again (re-install)