Currently the LANDesk Inventory Scanner does not report the current patches installed for Kaspersky Antivirus.
The LANDesk Inventory scanner is being enhanced to report the current patches installed for Kaspersky Antivirus. This will be released in a patch in the near future. (This is logged as defect # 58578)
The LANDesk inventory scanner can be modified to include scanning for the registry key that is written when Kaspersky patches are installed.
The patches for LANDesk Antivirus 9.5 (Which utilizes the Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8.0 engine) are written here:
Underneath this key will be a subkey that contains the GUID for each patch installed as pictured below:
In particular there has been a need to report on Kaspersky Patch "D".
In order to add this information to the Inventory Scanner, the following steps must be performed within the LDMS 9.5 console:
1. Open the Reporting and Monitoring Tool section.
2. Open the "Manage Software List" tool.
3. In the left-hand pane under "Inventory" and then "Custom Data" click to highlight "Registry Items"
4. Click the green "+" icon to create a new custom Registry Item.
5. Enter the data as shown below:
Note: The full entry for the "Key:" section is "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\976DD27DCE3AFCF4FAFA212E5542056B\Patches\589D5BA07841FEF4FB3E53620E08D193". This entire string needs entered.
6. Click "OK" to finish the custom registry entry.
7. Click the "Make available to clients" icon in the Manage Software List toolbar. (Computer screen with green arrow).
This should create a new LDAPPL3.INI file in the LDLOGON folder on the core server. This file should be automatically copied down to clients during an Inventory Scan. This is the list of contents the Inventory Scanner will scan for.
This can be verified by looking for the updated LDAPPL3.INI folder in the \Program Files\LDClient\Data folder on the client.
If the LDAPPL3.INI file has been properly updated, it should contain the following line:
KEY=HKLM, SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\976DD27DCE3AFCF4FAFA212E5542056B\Patches\589D5BA07841FEF4FB3E53620E08D193, DisplayName, Custom Data - LANDesk - LANDesk AV Patch D Installation