TelnetCE 4.x to 7.x Clients
After entering in a Wavelink Telnet Emulation license the license is not entered and the error message "Authorization Code Check Failed!" is displayed on the screen.
When the Authorization Code Check Failed messages appears it is because there is a mismatch between the license provided and the way that the license was entered.
- The Licensee name you are registering is too long. IE: "Wavelink Corporation of North America USA Utah South Jordan 84094"
- The Licensee name contains special characters such as / * or special language characters like 食品
- CaSe SeNsiTive information was entered incorrectly
- The version of Telnet you are trying license is different than the version of the license
- NOTE: Telnet licenses should not be added to the Avalanche Server (it will not work).
Here are a few things that to try that commonly fix this problem.
1. Check to make sure the case is correct. For example, if the Licensee Name was "WaveLink" and had been entered in as "Wavelink"
2. Leaving a space on the before or after any field can cause this error. IE: "WaveLink " - notice the extra space after Wavelink
3. Another common error is selecting an incorrect platform version. The version of Telnet Emulation that you register the license for, needs to match the version of Telnet Emulation that is installed on the device. If you register the license for 7.3 and install version 7.0, the license will not authorize
If the licensee name seems like it may be too long contact Wavelink Customer Support for a license exchange.
In other rare cases, a license may have been generated incorrectly and a license exchange will be necessary. For help with a license exchange contact Wavelink Customer Support