Avalanche Site Edition 5.2.x / 5.3.x
Avalanche Mobility Center 5.2.x / 5.3.x
Remote Control 4.0 / 4.1
The device has downloaded and installed the Remote Control package and installed with no errors, but the Remote Control icon is not lit up from Avalanche.
Orphaning and removing the package, and forcing a package synchronization do not remedy the problem.
This can be caused by a couple of things
1. Mobile Device Server is an older version than 5.3.1
2. There is a property missing from the Avalanche.properties file in the mobile device server settings
Solution / Workaround:
If the mobile device server is an older version than 5.3.1, you will need to obtain an updated mobile device server from Wavelink Customer Support.
- After the mobile device server is updated, stop the mobile device server (Stop the service "Wavelink Avalanche Agent")
- Go into the mobile device server directory (by default it should be C:\Program Files\Wavelink\Avalanche\Service)
3. Open the avalanche.properties file (if prompted for what program to use, select notepad)
4. On the last line add the following property
5. Save your changes and restart the mobile device server.
6. If the problem persists, try re-initializing the dServer, and having the device do a force package synchronization.