LANDesk Security and Patch News
· (March 15,2013) Microsoft has released KB2811660. This is a cumulative update package for Windows 8 and for Windows Server 2012. This cumulative update package includes performance and reliability improvements for Windows 8 and for Windows Server 2012. Microsoft recommends that you apply this cumulative update as part of your regular maintenance routines. This update package resolves the following issues:
· Improves reliability of USB 3.0 device initialization.
· Resolves an issue in which the On-Screen Keyboard displays incorrectly when you use a RemoteApp app.
· Resolves an issue that could cause errors when you manage a Group Policy Object (GPO) that has software installation settings.
· Improves Wi-Fi reliability when Windows 8 devices resume from hybrid sleep.
· Provides consistent rendering of bold text for some Windows 8 apps when compared to earlier versions of Windows.
· Please visit the following page for more details, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2811660
· Note: If this update is applied via Windows Update then the following KBs will also be installed:
Otherwise a separate install is required for each KB listed above.
- Vulnerability ID – 2811660_MSU
- Vulnerability ID – N/A
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDesk, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2013 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDesk disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDesk has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.landesk.com.