Status HTTP 500 Error in Web Console / I can't run reports / reports don't work (5.3.1 Web Console Patch for Postgres Only)
Avalanche Mobility Center 5.3.x
MSSQL DB / Postgres / Oracle installs
- Reporting doesn't work in the web console
- I am able to do some reports but on others I am receiving HTTP Status 500 Errors
- In the web console when I go to Tools and Settings, I receive an HTTP Status 500 Error
- I can create reports in the web console, but they do not run.
The AvalancheWeb folder that your AMC/ASE server is currently implementing does not contain the needed patches that allow full functionality.
Technical Support will send you a .war file. Using the .war file, a new AvalancheWeb folder will be created. This folder will contained the needed patches to correct your Web Console issue (in most cases)
- Stop the Apache Tomcat for Wavelink service
- Open your file explorer
- Navigate to C:\Progam Files (x86)\Wavelink\AvalancheMC\WebUtilities\Tomcat\webapps
- Rename the AvalancheWeb folder to OLDAvalancheWeb
Rename the AvalancheWeb.war file to OLDAvalancheWeb.old
IMPORTANT: FOLLOW STEP 6 & 7 Especially FOR SQL SERVER
- Remove OLDAvalancheWeb from the webapps folder and place it on the desktop
- Remove OLDAvalancheWeb.old from the webapps folder and place it on the desktop
- Please contact Wavelink Technical Support for the most recent AvalancheWeb.war file.
- Place this new AvalancheWeb file in the C:\Progam Files (x86)\Wavelink\AvalancheMC\WebUtilities\Tomcat\webapps folder.
- Start the Apache Tomcat for Wavelink service
- Wait for 10 minutes using the Web Console
- Log into the web console and verify that the problem was fixed
If you are using SQL DB then you will need to Copy the WEB-INF folder from the OLDAvalancheWeb folder into the newly created Avalanche Web Folder