LANDesk Security and Patch News
MS08-029 is a detect only vulnerability definition. The reason for this is that Microsoft is providing these updates through the update capabiltiies of the affected products and not in a downloadable patch. In addition, we have experienced some technical difficulties in detecting the following products:
We will post an update once this has been resolved.
- Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Word Could Allow Remote Code Execution (951207)
- Vulnerability in Microsoft Publisher Could Allow Remote Code Execution (951208)
- Vulnerability in Jet Database Engine Could Allow Remote Code Execution (950749)
- Vulnerability in Microsoft Malware Protection Engine Could Allow Denial of Service (952044)
- Reason: Microsoft releases an updated version of this tool on the second Tuesday of each month, and as needed to respond to security incidents.
- Reason: Adding the supercendence information.
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDesk, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you-our partners and customers-in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2008 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDesk disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDesk has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.landesksoftware.com/.