LANDesk Security and Patch News
- (April 12, 2013) Microsoft has re-released security update MS13-036. This security update resolves three privately reported vulnerabilities and one publicly disclosed vulnerability in Microsoft Windows. The most severe of these vulnerabilities could allow elevation of privilege if an attacker logs on to the system and runs a specially crafted application. An attacker must have valid logon credentials and be able to log on locally to exploit the vulnerabilities. Microsoft re-released the security bulletin for the following reason: V2.0 (April 11, 2013): Added links to Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 2823324 and Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 2839011 under Known Issues. Removed Download Center links for Microsoft security update 2823324. Microsoft recommends that customers uninstall this update. See the Update FAQ for details.
- Microsoft recommends that customers uninstall this update. See the Update FAQ for details.
Steps to uninstall patch using LANDesk Patch Manager:
- Search for MS13-036_MSU
- Right-click the definition and go to ‘Properties’
- Highlight the rule titled “Windows6.1-KB2823324-x64.MSU” for 64-bit computers, and/or the rule titled “Windows 6.1-KB2823324-x86.MsU” for 32-bit computers and select “Uninstall”.
- This will open a dialog allowing you to configure a Scheduled task and/or policy to run the removal routine.
For further information on uninstalling patches using LANDesk Patch Manager: http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-2650
· You receive an Event ID 55 or a 0xc000021a Stop error in Windows 7 after you install security update 2823324. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2839011
- LANDesk will keep the original MS13-036_MSU definition available for two weeks so customers can uninstall KB2823324. After that time it will be removed. Please visit the following page for more details: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/Bulletin/MS13-036.mspx
- Vulnerability ID – MS13-036v2_MSU
- Vulnerability ID – MS13-036_MSU
(Added the replacement information. This vulnerability definition will remain available until April 26, 2013, after that date it will be removed.)
New Patch Downloads
- Windows6.0-KB2823324-x86.msu (Patch removed)
- Windows6.0-KB2823324-x64.msu (Patch removed)
- Windows6.1-KB2823324-x86.msu (Patch removed)
- Windows6.1-KB2823324-x64.msu (Patch removed)
Where to Send Feedback
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2013 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.