How can I email information out directly from an Incident?

Version 1

Verified Product Versions

LANDESK Service Desk 7.6

Environment

Service Desk - All Versions

Problem

I would like to be able to email information from my Incident directly from my Incident without having to copy and past this in to an email. How can I do this?

Solution

If you would like to send an email directly from the Incident then I would suggest using a "Reminder" action for this. This can either be added as a manual action that you click on in the Incident or as an automatic action following another action, for example, an "Add Note" action or a "With Customer" action.

You design this in your Process Designer by adding in the relevant action. You can then use Runtime Values or Placeholders to pick up information from the Incident or from another Collection, such as "Add Note" or "With Customer".

Here is a couple of examples.

Example 1:

How to automatically send a Note that you add to an Incident out as an email to the Customer/Originator. (Raise User)

Example 2:

When ever I move an Incident to "With Customer" I would like a notification to go out to the Customer/Originator (Raise User) letting them know the information I have entered in the With Customer window and that the Incident now is with customer.

Example 1:

1. Launch your Process in Process Deisgner

2. Find your "Add Note" action. (If this is an optional action, then you will need to remove this and add this in as a normal manual action)

1. note action.jpg

3. Drage an Automatic action out and select "Add Reminder". The reminder window will appear.

2. add reminder.jpg

3. add reminder window.jpg

4. Fill in the Reminder with relevant Placeholders.

For example, the below screenshot will give you the Note Title in the Subject of the email and the Note Text in the Body of the email. For more information on Placeholders, see this articel: http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-10421

Please note to tick the "Is Active" tick box, then "Notify Originator" and to set the "Send Date" to a date in the passed.

4. reminder window filled in.jpg

5. Link the actions up so that the reminder is after the add note action.

5. finished process.jpg

6. Save and activate your process again.

Example 2:

1. Launch your Process in Process Deisgner

2. Find your "With Customer" action.

1. with customer.jpg

3. Drage an Automatic action out and select "Add Reminder". The reminder window will appear.

2. add reminder action.jpg

3. add reminder window.jpg

4. Fill in the Reminder with relevant Placeholders.

For example, the below screenshot will give you an email with subject "Incident XX is awaiting your information" and a Body with Dear XXX <<Details from with customer window>>

For more information on Placeholders, see this articel: http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-10421

Please note to tick the "Is Active" tick box, then "Notify Originator" and to set the "Send Date" to a date in the passed.

4. add reminder filled in.jpg

5. Link the actions up so that the reminder is after the add note action.

5. finished process.jpg