LANDesk Security and Patch News
- (May 03, 2013) Microsoft has released KB2459530. This update addresses and issue where Windows 7 clients experience a three to five second delay in obtaining an IP address through Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) at restart. This behavior occurs when the clients are DHCP-enabled and domain-joined. This results in Netlogon event ID 5719 and Group Policy event ID 1129. You may experience this issue if the Windows 7 DHCP client is communicating with a Microsoft Windows-based DHCP Server through a non-Microsoft Relay Agent, such as a Layer 3 network switch.
DHCP-Client Operational logs, if it is enabled, will record event ID 50024 at restart time. This indicates that a DHCP Request time-out occurred.
The issue does not occur if the Windows 7 DHCP client communicates with a Microsoft Windows DHCP Server through a Microsoft relay agent.
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, it is recommended that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
Since Microsoft has some license limitation for the patches in KB2459530, the customers have to download the patches manually. It can be done by navigating to http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=2459530&kbln=en-us.
2. Click the "I Accept" button;
3. Click the "Show hotfixes for all platforms and languages " link to show all patches;
4. Check all English patches;
5. Enter your email address under "Provide us with your e-mail address, type the characters you see in the picture, and then click Request hotfix.";
6. Type the verification characters and click the "Request Hotfix" button;
7. You will receive an e-mail with the zipped patch download URLs and the passwords for unzipping the zipped patches;
8. Download the zipped patches;
9. Unzip these files with the passwords in the above email and put them into the folder that you store the patches.
- Please visit the following page for more details: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2459530
- Vulnerability ID – 2459530_MSU_Manual
- Vulnerability ID – N/A
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2013 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.