Spyware is software or other code that is typically installed as part of another product installation, a visit to an infected web site, or other activities that enables a user to obtain covert information about another's computer activities by transmitting data covertly from the computer that the spyware is installed on.
Submit a request to Ivanti Customer Support to have detection and remediation content added so that the spyware is properly detected and removed.
Process for submitting requests for Spyware content:
In order for Ivanti to add this undetected spyware the following process must be followed:
- If possible, the actual install executable that downloaded and/or installed the spyware.
- The executable that was installed on the computer. You can usually find this by looking in the running processes. Spyware generally takes up an unusual amount of memory or CPU usage.
- Any additional information about the suspected spyware. please include any information that you know.
- A description of how it is installed, a website, email, or as part of a different installation.
- A description of what it does: Does it launch additional sites? Does it download other applications? Etc.
- A description of any malicious behavior, processor utilization, file corruption, etc,
- Any other other observations.
- Compress any files that you collected in .ZIP format and password protect it with the password "infected".
- Upload the files to ftp://ftp.landesk.com/spyware
- Call LANDESK Support and create a support case. They will need to know the name of the file you uploaded. In addition please provide a detailed description of the issue.
Our team will make a thorough assessment of the submitted information to determine if they should be identified and removed.