Avalanche 4.x to 5.3.1 ( You can apply the same principles to Avalanche 6.x+)
Both Avalanche Site Edition (ASE) and Avalanche Mobility Center (AMC)
- My device is not receiving any packages from my Avalanche Server
- My device does not receive the right package from my Avalanche Server
The following can cause your device to not receive packages from the Avalanche Server:
- The device is not connected to the server OR is not in the correct location
- The software profile has not been created OR is not in the correct location
- The packages have not been added to the software profile OR have not been applied to the correct location
- The package selection criteria OR profile selection criteria contains incorrect syntax or does not include the device
- Duplicate packages are applied to the same device (this would cause your device to receive the "device needs packages" when )
- If you are seeing this error, please refer to http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-27849
Verify that the device and profile are in the same location
In the example below, the device and the profile both appear at the 'Server Location A' location.
Find the profile
Click on the Profiles tab (Click the photo below to enlarge)
Find the device
Verify that the profile is applied
Once you have verified that the profile and device are in the same place, verify that the profile is applied
Find the profile under the Server Location Properties tab
Click on the Server Location Properties tab (Click the photo below to enlarge)
Verify the package selection criteria includes the device
If your device is still not receiving a specific package, check the package's selection criteria against the properties on the device to make sure that the device is included.
In the example below, the device has an Enabler Version of '5.3-23', ModelName of 'MOTOMC9100', and OS Type of 'Windows CE'
An enabler has been added to the 'Test' software package. The package selection criteria does include 'ModelName=MC9100', but the OS Type is 'Pocket PC'.
Verify that your device meets the criteria of the package.
If the device's status changes to 'Update Pending' after you add the package to the profile and deploy it, then you know that the package's selection criteria includes the device and should download to the device.