LANDesk Software Inc. is excited to announce the general availability of SmartVue 1.1 for LANDesk Management Suite and Security Suite 9.5 SP1
** Note - Additional information for SmartVue 1.1 is included in the LDMS 9.5 SP1 Release Notes found here: Management Suite / Security Suite 9.5 Service Pack 1
LDMS 9.5 SP1 must be installed on the core before SmartVue 1.1 can be installed.
SmartVue 1.0 (original 9.5 SmartVue install), will run on a Core updated to LDMS 9.5 SP1.
SmartVue 1.1 can be installed fresh on a Core updated to LDMS 9.5 SP1 - (environment where original SmartVue 1.0 has not been installed on the Core)
New SmartVue 1.1 Features:
- There is now a web version of SmartVue. This is included in the SmartVue installation on the point core.
- After SmartVue is installed \ configured on the point core you can access the web version at http://<corename>/smartvueweb
- Supported Browsers are IE9.0, IE10, Chrome, Firefox, and only the Mac Version of Safari (PC version of Safari is currently not supported).
- Please make sure Compatibility View is turned off when using IE 9.0 or IE 10.0.
- Added gateway (Cloud Services Appliance) support for SmartVue. Once you’ve configured the CSA in the core’s console you can use it to access SmartVue through the gateway by going to the following URL's.
- For iOS devices using the SmartVue iOS app use https://<CSA_public_name>/rtc/<corename>
- For the Chrome browser use https://<CSA_public_name>/rtc/<corename>/smartvueweb
- For the other supported browsers use https://<CSA_public_name>/rtc/<corename>/smartvueweb/
- Added new RBA Permissions to restrict or allow widget views individually.
- Added new widget for Reclaimed Software to work with the new LDMS 9.5 SP1 SLM Reclaimed Software feature.
New SmartVue 1.1 Feature Details:
- SmartVue for the Web v1.0
- All buttons are found in the header.
- Widgets are displayed in the same order as the iOS App.
- Functionality for the SmartVue 1.1 Web Toolbar is the same as the iOS App except for the following:
- URL and authentication info is not saved
- No PDF creation such as "Open In", or "Email PDF".
- No refresh icon - widget display refreshes automatically after time or location filter changes, changing the favorites order, or applying a new color theme.
- New SmartVue RBA permissions:
-New Reclaimed Software Widget:
Support for custom currency symbols is supported by modification of the currency symbol in the
Drive:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\SmartVueDef\Software.xml file
Currency symbol that's customizable is highlighted below:
LANDesk SmartVue v1.1 Update - LDMS 9.5 SP1 is available here: Management Suite / Security Suite 9.5 Service Pack 1