- On the core server navigate to c:\program files\landesk\managementsuite directory.
- Open the APMService.ini file
You should see something similar to the following:
Add the following:
- Verify that the ldmain\sdstatus\stored directory was created. If the stored directory does not get created. Please create it.
- Enable XTrace for sdclient
- Rerun the policy or detached tasks
- Check the sdclient log to make sure the status is being sent by sdclient.
Log Location: LDCLIENT\DATA
- Verify that the status XML file was forwarded by the alert service by checking the alert.log in the %ProgramFiles%\landesk\shared files folder on the client. This log should list the status for the HTTP post to the core server and should look something like:
2009-03-03 22:30:10(5252-5544) alert.exe:Processing alert internal.192_168_0_15.swd_sdclient.status instance
2009-03-03 22:30:11(5252-5544) alert.exe:Alert transmitted to http://LANDesk.Gateway@192.168.0.15/incomingdata/postcgi.exe?prefix=sdstatus\&suffix=.swd.xml
- Check the IIS log on the core for the HTTP POST results.
(The default location for the log files is C:\Inetpub\logs\logfiles\w3svc1)
- Verify event is in the stored policy events in ldmain\sdstatus\stored. Also verify that the event was not put into the badstatus directory (Ldmain\sdstatus\badstatus).
- Check APMStatusUpdateHandler.exe.log for errors. (LDMS 9.0sp2 and later)
- Check the version of the Core Server. The latest support packs must be installed. See Community article 1001.