LANDesk Security and Patch News
- (August 14, 2013) Microsoft has released KB2862966. This is an update hat improves management of weak certificate cryptographic algorithms in Windows. You must install this update before you install security update 2862973. This update provides functionality that can be used to monitor the usage of weak cryptography and to block its use in enterprise environments. This update gives administrators logging capabilities and controls for the way that hashing algorithms and asymmetric cryptography are used in a managed environment. This functionality includes setting minimum key sizes for asymmetric algorithms such as RSA, DSA, and ECDSA, and blocking the use of weak hashing algorithms such as MD5. With this update, administrators can do the following:
· Define policies to selectively block cryptographic algorithms that override settings that were provided by the operating system
· Opt-in to or opt-out of each policy independently
· Enable logging for each policy
- Please visit the following page for more details: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2862966
- Vulnerability ID – 2862966_MSU
- Vulnerability ID – N/A
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDesk, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2013 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDesk disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDesk has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.landesk.com.